How to Fold a Laptop While Still Running Windows 10
Listening to music and entertainment on laptops is a common need for many users nowadays. However, some users only want to listen to music and save battery life by closing the laptop screen. But after folding the screen, the laptop will automatically turn off the music. So, is it possible to fold a laptop while still running? How many ways are there to fold a laptop while still running on the Windows7 and Windows10 operating systems? In the article below, Buffcom.Net will help you answer these questions in detail.
1. Answering the question: Is it possible to fold a laptop while still running?
When you suddenly fold the laptop while using it, the programs running on the computer will surely stop. Furthermore, the laptop’s hard drive is still operating, which will directly affect the chipset and Ram memory inside the machine. This will make your laptop more prone to aging.
In addition, when you fold the laptop while the computer is still running, it will automatically switch to sleep mode. In this case, although the computer screen has temporarily turned off, the motherboard, HDD hard drive, and Ram memory still receive power. Thanks to this, the laptop can still store information and restart when requested by the user.
However, if the laptop is shaken or bumped during the transition, these components may be damaged. Therefore, you should completely turn off your computer when moving your laptop. Also, you should only fold the laptop screen when the machine is not being moved.
2. How to fold a laptop without turning off the computer and still listen to music on Windows 10
Step 1: Go to Control Panel > Select Power Options.
Alternatively, you can also access Power Options by right-clicking on the battery icon on the Taskbar > Select Power Options.
Step 2: Click on the Choose what closing the lid does tab.
Step 3: In the When I close the lid section, select Do nothing for both On battery and Plugged in modes > Press Save changes to save it.
3. How to fold a laptop while still running on Windows 7
Laptops running on Windows 7 by default will automatically switch to Hibernate mode when the screen is folded. In addition, most programs will stop running when this happens. However, the computer will resume and load the previously running activities when opened again. Currently, many people want to fold their laptops to go outside, save electricity, rest, sleep while still listening to music, or continue running software like downloading data. At this time, you can perform the quickest way to fold the laptop screen while still running on Windows7 as follows: Step 1: Right-click on the battery icon on the Taskbar and select Power Options. Step 2: Click on Choose what closing the lid does and then select one of the following 3 options:
- Do nothing: When folding the laptop, it will still operate normally and run programs as usual.
- Hibernate: The laptop switches to Hibernate mode, and the computer is in a sleep state.
- Shut down: Completely turn off the laptop and close all programs. Note: You must select both On battery and Plugged in as Do nothing so that the laptop does not turn off. Then, save changes and restart the screen to store this information. Buffcom.Net hopes that the information on how to fold a laptop while still running on Windows 7 will be useful to you. If you want to know more information, please leave a comment below this article. Buffcom.Net will help you answer all these questions as soon as possible. Don’t forget to visit our website for more interesting articles.